All Your Houseguests Are Belong to Us!



The Hamsters are Currently:


Sleeping


Eating


Hanging at the Pool. Remember, It only takes 440 laps to make a mile!


Canoodling


Cooking up trouble


All dressed up with Nowhere to Go


Hopped up on Sugar


Sick (and Tired)


Digging their own Graves

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Topsy Turvey

Yesterday afternoon Diane was sitting in bed reading ... The Bible. Why? Because she was bored, and because it is the only book allowed in the house. So she had decided she would start at the beginning and read a couple pages (or a couple chapters, I don't remember which) every day.

In walks Alison, and Diane tells her that she is reading the Bible, but she is confused. "And I'm only on PAGE TWO!" she gripes (wait until she hits Leviticus, then it will all be over). Anyway, she's confused because God made the heavens and the earth and all the little critters and bugs and day and night and man... but what about the dinosaurs? Who made the dinosaurs?

Alison screws up her face all confused and says, "Uh...well, I don't know. Hey, that's right...who made the dinosaurs?"

So as they ponder the unanswerable question of who made the dinosaurs, Marcellas walks in and they pose the same question to him. Who made the dinosaurs? Well, Marcellas hems and haws and stumbles around the answer and then says something about that some people believe that God made the dinosaurs, but that it was a "dry run" as it were before he created the real stuff.

"Oh!" Says Diane and Alison.

As I'm sitting here laughing my butt off, Diane and Ali meander outside and run into Jase. Here we go again, with the dinosaurs. Who made the dinosaurs? Why doesn't the Bible mention anything about dinosaurs?

Jase, who is in the midst of shoving food in his face, says, "because when the bible was written nobody knew anything about dinosaurs. They hadn't been discovered yet."

"OH!" Says Diane and Alison. "That makes much more sense!"

Without missing a beat, Jase continues totally straight-faced and says, "Yeah, they didn't know about dinosaurs. They had never seen dinosaurs or heard about dinosaurs. They didn't know about them, just like they didn't know about space ships or microwave ovens."

----

What is happening here? Jase, during his season, was an ass of highest proportions. I cannot believe that not only am I cringe-free when I see him, I'm actually finding him rather amusing. Much more so than many others.

I worry about myself, but then I remember that Ali still annoys me as much as she did in years past, so I must be ok.

Comments on "Topsy Turvey"

 

Blogger TVJ said ... (9:00 PM) : 

I'm right there with you, Tuna. If Jase keeps up this aspect of his personality, I might just have to hope for a Will vs. Jase finale.

 

Blogger Mensch71 said ... (5:45 AM) : 

Since I don't have the feeds, I'm living vicariously thru these posts. Jase is sounding close to humanoid. I'm sure he'll do something egregious soon.

 

post a comment